We understand that you may have a lot of questions about booking live music.
Here are answers to some of the more common questions we get asked.
- Does your band play weddings?
Do we ever! We love playing weddings, and have played
both for ceremonies and receptions. Call or email Dawn to discuss how our
entertainment could set the perfect mood at your celebration.
- What is the instrumentation of your band?
Although we work most often as a group of 3-5 pieces, we
can provide music from just solo piano and vocals to a large band of up to 7
or more musicians. Typical instrumentations include:
- trio (piano/vocals, muted trumpet or reeds, bass)
- quartet (trio + acoustic guitar)
- quintet (quartet + trombone or reed player)
- 6 piece(quartet + trombone + reed player)
- 7 piece (6 piece + drums)
- Do you have a sample song list?
A sample songlist is available on the
Song List section of our website. If there is something you would like to
hear that’s not on that list, please ask us, we may
know it, if not, we’re always looking for an excuse to learn new songs in
our genre. “Non jazz” songs we take on a case by case basis, if it
is something that won’t sound good with our instrumentation, but that
you’d still like to hear, we’re happy to play a CD through our P.A.
- Will your music be too loud during dinner?
We hate to shout as much as you do! We pride
ourselves in playing appropriately for the moment, ‘lively
celebratory’ music during cocktail hour and dancing,
and softer more mellow sounds during dinner so your guests can visit with one
- Do you have a microphone we can use for toasts and
Our price includes use of our P.A. and wireless microphone for
any announcements or toasts you would like to occur. During our breaks we
play CD’s (our’s or yours) through the system. And we’ll do
as little or as much MC’ing as you“d like.
- Can you still play if there isn't piano at the venue?
While nothing can compare to the sound and elegance of a
real piano, we have a high end, realistic sounding keyboard we use on the majority
of our engagements. We can also arrange for the rental of a piano.
- What is required to hold the date?
To hold the date, we ask for 25% with a returned contract,
with the balance due 2 weeks prior to the event.